What are the major environmental challenges that Rio de Janeiro faces?
Environmental issues, such as air pollution, wastewater pollution, and trash pollution all pose a major threat to the safety of Rio de Janeiro’s citizens.
- NOT ENOUGH HOUSES! …
- THE FATAL AIR POLLUTION. …
- DEADLY TOXINS IN THE WATER. …
- A LAND FULL OF TRASH.
What are the major issues concerning a city hosting the Olympic Games?
Here, we take a closer look at five key reasons why a city might be reluctant to host the Olympic Games.
- Sheer cost. Let’s get the obvious out of the way. …
- Infrastructure challenges. Hosting a mega-event always involves urban renewal and regeneration. …
- Human rights violations. …
- Fear and security. …
- International prestige.
How does Rio de Janeiro make money?
Rio invests a lot in sugar-cane production. It has large plantations in the area of Campos. Production of Oranges also forms a significant part of the farming sector. Coffee was once a vital industry, but due to environmental factors, it has lost its importance.
What are the major issues addressed in Rio?
The issues addressed included:
- systematic scrutiny of patterns of production—particularly the production of toxic components, such as lead in gasoline, or poisonous waste including radioactive chemicals.
- alternative sources of energy to replace the use of fossil fuels which delegates linked to global climate change.
What are the challenges of Rio?
Social Challenges in Rio
- Pollution. …
- Lack of resources. …
- slums/ houses are badly built and overcrowded.
- densely populated.
- don’t have access to basic services like water etc.
- Unclean conditions and lack of access to medical services means people have poor health.
- people don’t have access to education.
What types of problems are there in the favelas of Rio?
Rio de Janeiro
The houses in these settlements have no basic amenities such as running water or toilets, so diseases like cholera and dysentery are common. Overcrowding is a major problem in Rio’s favelas. On average, the population density is about 37,000 people per square kilometre.
Do Olympians get paid?
However, most Olympic medal winners do receive a cash reward from their home Olympic committee. The US Olympic and Paralympic Committee pays members of Team USA $37,500 for each gold medal they win, $22,500 for every silver, and $15,000 for a bronze.
Are the Olympic medals real gold?
Olympic gold medals have some gold in them, but they’re mostly made of silver. According to the International Olympic Committee (IOC), gold and silver medals are required to be at least 92.5 percent silver. The gold in gold medals is in the plating in the outside and must consist of at least 6 grams of pure gold.